Zero to Hero Challenge
Be innovative. Learn new skills. Develop your
What is Zero to Hero?
Zero to Hero is a unique team building
challenge which gives you the opportunity to work together to
create and then execute an entrepreneurial fundraising idea.
The challenge has no cost and is proven to build essential
working skills and motivate employees.
In small teams, colleagues are challenged to compete against
each other to raise vital funds for The Prince’s Trust by planning
and implementing a successful fundraising initiative.
How does it work?
Each team works together to decide on an activity, work out how
they’ll practically go about raising the money and who will take on
each role. Innovation, creativity and teamwork are vital if teams
are to raise money.
In this flexible challenge that you can take on any time of the
year, teams must put their skills to the test in order to win, as
they compete against each other to make the most profit – and the
biggest donation – to support The Prince’s Trust.
Think of a winning idea, plan, set objectives and learn new
skills. We’ve had teams run Zero to Hero for a one-day challenge,
or over a couple of months – it’s up to you.
Each team member is challenged to take on a specific role, such
as leadership, communication or finances. This gives all employees
a chance to develop their skills and offers an excellent
opportunity for peer-to-peer development.
What are the benefits to your company?
- To engage, inspire and motivate your staff
- To cut the cost of training whilst delivering continued
- To be socially responsible and raise your public profile
Top tips for success
- Communication is vital. Decide how you’re going to stay in
touch and keep everyone involved
- Ask yourself; is our idea realistic for the time frame you have
chosen? Would a simpler idea be more manageable?
- Ask yourself; am I excited about our idea? If you would like to
purchase your item or buy a ticket to your event, then chances are
that others will too
- Break down your target into manageable amounts. For example; if
10 team members need to sell £1,000 worth of tickets, that’s £100
worth of tickets each
- Be brave, ask for discounts or even free help
- Act early because time flies in Zero to Hero challenges
- Have fun!
Find out more
For more information about Zero to Hero, please email email@example.com
Zero to Hero past participants
"Zero to Hero was a truly exhilarating challenge and one which
brought us together as a team so thank you so much for giving us
the opportunity to get involved" - John Smith, Team