What is covered
We cover a variety of sectors such as retail, customer service,
construction, logistics, hospitality and cooking.
Sectors are chosen according to regional employment needs and
are designed and developed with local employers.
Get into… aims to give young people aged 16 to 25 who are work
ready, but do not have vocational skills, a mixture of practical
training and experience that will enable them to get a job. It also
provides them with the opportunity to meet potential employers.
“Get into Construction can give young people a local route into
working in our industry. We believe it can also provide a step up
for young people who may not otherwise have the support they
require to get them started on their career path.”
Chief Executive, ConstructionSkills.
What participants gain
During the course, young people will:
- learn new skills in a specific area of work and gain
qualifications appropriate to the sector
- get practical experience of work
- improve their employability skills, including communication,
teamwork, and reliability
- stage a final presentation, in which they say what they have
- get help with job interviews and preparing their CVs
Courses vary in length from between two and six weeks. After the
course has finished participants are given six months support to
help them back into employment or further training.
How employers can get involved
As an employer, we would work with you to develop sector
specific courses. Your involvement will depend on your availability
and can range from designing or delivering the course, providing
one-day workshops or offering work experience or job
Your organisation can benefit from:
- reaching out to the local community by providing support and
- motivating and developing staff by involving them in the
- having the opportunity to meet and get to know potential
- improved workforce diversity
- local PR opportunities
- a partnership with The Trust and access to other
- helping change young lives by giving them the first foot on the